Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dusting off....

Yeah, yeah. I've been gone. I got a wake up call (hmm, literally) today. Must. Pay. More. Attention.

I can't promise that I'll be reading much or posting much in the next weeks or months. I can promise that I'm working my ass off (literally, if not actually working).

Greenfield, Schmeenfield. It's over. And, I'm proud.

This just for you TriFeist: What would you say the chances are of getting scooped not once, but TWICE in 6 years? Yeah. You know it. I'm working through it. It ain't gonna be easy, but my momma didn't raise no quitter... I think.

Amazingly, I've been going through these past weeks/months with sufficient poise so as to convince those around me that I'm actually still sane. That's a new talent!

Okay, something did have to give. I decided not to run the Chicago Marathon after all. There are really too many reasons to list. All way more important than a race that I can run for the rest of my life, if I so choose. Most of all, I'll miss seeing my WL2R friends and Sheila. But life is long. :-)

This weekend is Timberman - doing the old recover-from-last-race-slash-taper-once-more. Next season will be MUCH different. But, I always told myself this one was just for fun. Must keep it that way, and smile as much as possible!

OH, yeah! Check out Rocket Pants' new blog, and send her some comment love! (Erm, that would be my training partner!)

Take Care, everyone!

7 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

You've got to be f-ing kidding me. And I thought my dissertation was going badly. No fall graduation for me. Too much for your comments because this is INSANE. What's wrong with people?

Grad school is all about training denial skills. Keep saying it (british accent works best) "it doesn't bother me, it doesn't matter, everything is smashing."

My best, strongest we-can-do-this vibes are going out to you right now.

Hollyfish said...

Keep workin' that ass off, woman. If nothing more, it'll be an amazing looking ass when things are all said and done... Hang in there, things can only get better. And you're going to KICK ASS at Timberman... I just KNOW it...

Nancy Toby said...

Hang in there! Part of the hazing ritual is simply beating graduate students into submission.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

The Fool said...

AARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I am bummed. My little sister isn't coming to Chicago, where I hoped She, DHB, Weebs, and ME would all PR on the same freekin day.

It just won't be the same :-(

But I understand. Life sometimes gets in the way.

the fool

Kewl Nitrox said...

Congrats on Greenfield finish.

Phew, I felt tired just reading your post. :) Hang in there!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Good luck at T'man.

Stay tuned...

Robin said...

didn't realize you were doing T-man. hope you had fun -- it's a great course. i was up there cheering the whole weekend. and as for the otherr -- i need your deterrmination skills. i am in a similar boat with my thesis. i need to finish this f---'-- thing. i am losing it and not having it finished is affecting many parts of my life. ugh