Wednesday, April 26, 2006

So here we are...

A new blog. A new beginning.

I'm glad you came. :)

See, I needed a change. Beyond the anonymous issue, I needed something that said more about who I am, and about the intensity within me. And, it's funny, it took others to see it in me first before I saw it in myself.

A year and a half ago (was it really only that long!?), I joined a running group. As, I raced in 5Ks, 10Ks, and finally 1/2 marathons, I grew to love these people as brothers and sisters. And, we treated each other as such. We were a family and families have disagreements. The group changed, but mainly it stayed the same.

I found myself changing, however.... in the most unexpected ways. I started thinking of myself as an athlete. I started to become curious about other sports! In swimming, in biking. And, I took up triathlon.

As my good running friends watched the transformation and the "strange" training weeks evolve, they started calling me TriGal. Awh, that's so cute, I thought. I love that name. And, then I guess I got a little nutty for the sport of triathlon, and they lovingly started calling me TriMonster. And it stuck. Like glue. Like a spaghetti noodle to the wall. Like lasagne to an ungreased dish. Like gum to the bottom of your shoe.

At first I thought... I'm not a monster. And then I thought some more. Oh, yes I am. Especially when you start thinking about the atfributes of monsters:

Big (well, bigger than I wanted to be!)
Scary (yes, especially during taper)
Ugly (Can you say: Bad Hair Life?)

Getting past those obvious negatives...
Intense
Determined
Driven
Adventurous
Surprising!
Diligent
Hard-Working
Energetic

Lest I get too big of a head, I see now what it is that my running family saw in me. A kind of driving force with the single goal of improving myself. So that's where I am today. I love the sport of running and triathlon, but I have to say that triathlon has taught me more about this T3, as it were.... The transitions of life, and how we are to mold ourselves and help others through them. That's what it's all about there, folks.

9 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Very cool.....love the new site!!!

:) said...

Nice new look!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Found ya. I like the name. Nicknames are cool.

Like the new site.

SRR said...

Interesting...I'm curious to keep coming back!

Nancy Toby said...

Happy blogwarming party!

I was trying to work out an acronym from your wordlist. All I came up with was DID SHADE, like some bad wordver. Never mind.

Lace Up And Run said...

Very Nice! I'm looking forward to hooking up with you this weekend. I hope the trimonster doesn't come out during sleeptime! lol

Joe B said...

I like it. I also updated the link.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Here's ol nitrox reporting as directed. Will be updating my blogroll in your honour in 3, 2, 1... Done!

:)

Chris said...

Welcome to your new home! :)