Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Waves

So, lots of fun stuff going on right now...

Training (remember I said I was going to talk about that?)... heh. Well like most things in my life, it got just a little suckier before it got better. I think I didn't realize how much of a drain this past tri season was for me. I'll be taking some good advice next year and simply pick a few key races, instead of trying to race everything in the tri-state area. Although, I must say, I have a MUCH better handle on what racing really means (especially after Timberman).

So, I took a little break. Didn't do much. And ate. A lot. Smart? No. But I think I needed to be a sloth for a while. (mission accomplished!)

But that time is over now. I am going to join Gold's Gym this week. Can you say pampering? Every treadmill has a TV. They give out towels for FREE. The spin class kicked my butt this morning. And they have a class early every day. And a sauna (which I probably won't use). And a woman's only weight room. And a yoga studio. I could go on. You get the point. It feels good to get healthy again.

So, I'm running this fun 1/2 Marathon in less than two weeks. At first it was supposed to be a goal race, and then, well... I ate the entire contents of my kitchen and lost motivation (well, except to run from the couch to the kitchen for more snacks). And you know? I don't need anymore goals this year. :) So, it's gonna hurt. But, it's for fun. I honestly don't care if it takes 3 hours. As Rocket Pants reminded me, "This is supposed to be FUN, remember?"

8 comments:

Cliff said...

That's the spirit. It is off season anyways....go to that 1/2 mara blindly..who knows you might surprise yourself :).

Ever since my last A race, I didn't train for two weeks. I only rode my bike once and ran once. :)

Now that's sloth...

Cliff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Too right. Until we get paid for this tri stuff, we should all remember to have fun!!! Sometimes fun is pushing it to the max but it shouldn't become too stressful. Have fun at the half.

Veeg said...

'Zilla!

Thanks for the good wishes! My race is also on the 1st. I think you'll be doing your 1/2 'thon while I'm doing the second half of my marathon. I will think of you! :)

KLN said...

It's always about the fun. hang on to that and have a great race!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Glad to see you have gotten in that much needed rest and is back to having fun again. :)

Hey, I was once in a gym in some fancy hotel in India,and they actually bring you ice cold towels from the fridge! I felt like a rock star.

Danielle said...

Hey, with all you've had going on, don't worry about the fact that you haven't been training much. Run the half for fun and enjoyment and write a nice report!!

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Hang in there. Motivation can come back as quick as it goes. Be sure to have fun. It's the only way to insure you'll be doing triathlons for a long, long time.

Stay tuned...