Friday, September 29, 2006

New Plan

So waking up at 4 and 5 o'clock, running one self ragged, not getting enough sleep, and traveling to the ends of the earth has had one final effect. I'm sick. It's been 1.5 years, folks. I thought I was special now. Yeah, not so much.

And, since this lovely virus has settled nicely in my chest, there will be no running on Sunday. (Besides the fact that getting from my car to the building - it IS uphill! - was a challenge this morning). Oh well. There will be more races. :)

So for now, I'm enjoying lots of hot tea (Wild Berry Zinger is the current fav), chicken soup, and sleep. Sounds like just what the doctor ordered for the next few days or so.

The good news is that my advisor has temporarily agreed to a small shift in my thesis, which means that I might actually graduate before the year 2010. Which is a good thing, because I was recommended by my eye doctor to get READING glasses this week, due to the eye strain from the computer. GAH! (At least they're cute!)

7 comments:

Hollyfish said...

Smart doctor...

rocketpants said...

Yea for agreements with changes!! Boo for sickness...get better soon!

KLN said...

I'm sick too, dangit. And DYING for some good chicken soup. Pizza will have to do instead. feel better soon!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Take care and have a good rest.

I am trying hard to avoid reading glasses. I just hold the papers really far away. :)

The Fool said...

Sickness is sometimes the bodies way of saying: 'ENOUGH' .......

Get some rest, and I hope your life stress goes down. Soon.

Glasses. Yep. 'puter eventually requires it. (I'll bet they are cute, make you look smarter than you already are.)

the fool

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

So now the question is if your advisor is okay with your bodily collapse :-) Feel better :-)

PS I am petrified of the day I need reading glasses since I am already blind as a bat for distance...

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better again soon!