Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Plans!

Whew, I have finally recovered from the rot that was lodged in my chest. Sunday dawned a beautiful day, complete with 50 degree temps, rain, and gusting winds, so I think my idea to skip the 1/2 marathon was a good one. We'll save pneumonia for another day, yes?

So, I have signed back up with the gym. Beautiful place. Feels like I'm at a spa. And, since I'm in that happy transition time, I'm having great fun going to classes. And, boy are they teaching me a lot:

Yoga - I'm about as bendy as a steel beam.

Cardio Sculpt - "Cardio" is a joke. "Scuplt" is NOT, however. YOUCH!

Spin Class - I'm weak. WEAK.

But this means that there is a lot of room to grow (or shrink, as the case may be and IS). Looking forward to getting more trim, more fit, and more ready to race...

And you may be wondering... What race? What race, indeed... Hmmm....

How about this one?

And so that brings up a new challenge. I think I need a coach, or at least a plan tailored to my strengths and weaknesses. Oh, and when I say coach, I mean either free or slightly less than arm and leg costs. Any ideas?

Much more to come later, but for now the focus is on putting the fork down, getting to the gym, and telling that weak little voice in my head that says, "you can't do this" during wimpy biceps sets that that attitude will get me NO WHERE toward completing my goal.

One day at a time. One decision at a time.

7 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Have you tried step aerobics yet? I apparently am only capable of running in a straight line. After one humiliating day, I never went back...

Oh, and spinning kicks my ass too...

Jenö said...

Spinning always kicks me down, but it's good for getting everyone working to their capacity. Well done on Timberman... bring it on!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Wow. Timberman is quite the goal.

As for coaching/training, I used a modified version of the free TriNewbies.com half ironman training program for the Florida Challenge last year. I can email it to you if you like.

This season, I had great success with a training program from TrainingPeaks.com. You can choose from several different coaches. They do cost money but generally less than one month of coaching.

Just 2 ideas.

What a great challenge!

Cliff said...

Trizilla,

I am in the same boat about a coach..

here are my options:

1) Find a coach and instead of doing a monthly plan...meet with him on a one ot one consultation every now and then (say every 2 months etc)

2) Join a tri club

Hollyfish said...

Yo 'Zilla baby!! Way to put it out there! You're gonna rock that race.

(deep, booming voice) Step away from the cake!! :)

Seriously though - you're gonna be great. Can't wait to follow along on the journey...

Danielle said...

Wow...half then what next?? You the WO-man!!

Robin said...

Oh. My. God. It is almost time to register for this sucka. While I'm not happy about forkin' over the cash in less than one month, thanks for posting cuz I am IN. I signed up for this last summer but didn't do it b/c of the stress fx. They wouldn't even let me roll over my registration (said they don't do that, but I know that they did it before so I have a beef with KJ right now), but I am still in cuz it's Timberman.
Wow. Thanks for posting this. We'll have to meet up for some summer on-course training rides. PS: If you join Team Envision, members get discounts with PTS training. See www.teamenvision.com or www.performancetrainingsystems.com

lata trilady