Wednesday, October 11, 2006

YEOUCH!!!

Ouchie! Ok, that's not exactly what I said when I burned my wrist on the iron for the SECOND time this week. And now I look like I'm trying to off myself. Not good Mav. Not good.

(I'm not trying to off myself, in case there was any worry.)

In my quest for fun health and weight loss, I went to my second weights class this morning, looking forward to Meaghan's torture. Except poor Meaghan sprained her ankle this past Sunday during her first 1/2 marathon. Yikes.

So we had pregnant nazi lady (Sorry, didn't catch her name.). At first I thought this would be a good thing... Yeah, not so much. She likes the ball. A lot. I don't so much (at least not the fast twisting moves and the ones that strain your back that she seemed to favor). So, I stuck it out for 40 minutes until we started doing things that made me cringe. One lady picked up her stuff and left, and I followed her. Unfortunately, I think we started a mass exodus. Hmmmmmm....

So, here's my public service announcement. Classes are great, but don't assume they are good for you 100% of the time. If something hurts or pushes you too far, STOP! You don't have to be Wonder Woman. We all have that inner voice, and it's there for a reason. :)

5 comments:

Joe Hess said...

YOu can Iron?

Joe Hess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenö said...

Ah, yes... the ball. That's the thing that they use to make us mere mortals fall over cringing in pain as we discover and injure previously uncharted muscles.

KLN said...

Oh yeah, *always* listen to your body.

And there's your good decision for the day! See how easy that was :-)

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Pregnant, Nazi exercise instructor? YIKES!

Stay tuned...