Tuesday, October 10, 2006

One Good Decision

I'm finding that's all it takes these days: ONE good decision. It's a little more ideal, of course, if they all happen in succession, eh?

But really, as a friend asked me once, "How does one eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

Missed the bus yesterday and the run didn't get done. Lesson learned? ALL workouts MUST be completed before 5pm. You'd think I'd learn.... I think I got it this time!

So, I made it to the pool this morning, and I actually enjoyed myself (once my teeth stopped chattering uncontrollably! GAH! NOT ready for winter, dudes!). Some faster sets, some time actually feeling like I wasn't fighting the water (and losing).

So that's my focus. One good decision at a time. It's all up to me.

See, I tend to be an all or nothing type of gal. Go, go, go! Get it done FAST! Get it done BETTER! The result of this is that I get incredibly burned out. I do it with work too (thank you to those friends that have clued me in, btw - See? I'm actually not a stubborn mule... all of the time...). Get up at 3 and 4 o'clock (am) to be stuck to the magnet (NMR for you chemistry geeks), working crazy hours.... What happens? I get sick. Lesson learned? Everything (EVERYTHING) in moderation. I think I'm starting to get it. :)

1 comment:

Cliff said...

TriZilla..

I have to agree. If there is one thing I learn is to focus on one thing at a time. T rying to focus too much = burn out..