Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday!!!

Oh, how I love Fridays. Especially when they are rest days. I can't begin to tell you how NICE it was to actually sleep until 7am and take a shower in my very own bathroom! Bliss!

It seems I'm nesting or something for the upcoming winter. I spent most of last night rearranging my living room furniture (a bit proud of myself for figuring out how to move the small, but very heavy entertainment center across the 17' living room!). It's better now, as the heat vent is now unobscured... I daresay, I like the new arrangement - Heck, now I can watch TV easily from the kitchen!

I figured that was enough of a workout, so I skipped the planned swim (and I'm still battling with leftover rot in my chest... prolly not a stellar idea).

So, this weekend is going to be a bit of an experiment. I realized with my weight loss goal (doing well, didn't gain this week... I figure it will take a week or two for my body to GET that I want it to shed the rolls attached to my back and ass), that dinners are my biggest challenge. SO, this weekend will be a cooking and freezing extravaganza. I plan to make chicken soup (crock pot), turkey casserole (from Chris Carmichael's cookbook), and healthy lasagne (with cottage cheese).

Then the plan will be to simply pull a single serving from the freezer in the morning, and WA-LAH!~ Homemade dinner in the evening in 5 minutes or less! Beauty!

I hope you all have wonderful weekends!

6 comments:

Flo said...

"take a shower in my very own bathroom! Bliss!"

This made me laugh!!! I get so tired of showering at the gym!!!

Barb said...

Now... if it's "healthy" lasagna, does that mean I get to eat twice as much?? :) I'm making lasagna tomorrow with turkey burger hopefully disguised as sausage! Maybe if it's bad... I'll eat a normal portion!
Gads! I'm SO bad when it comes to food!

The Fool said...

Soup. Its a good thing. I jsut love it, and you are exercising a lot, the sodium isn't so bad either......

Nicely done in the LR. How'd you do that?

I'll miss you in Chicago, track me online Bib# 8626....(Oh wait, I think I can sign you up for updates too..have to check)

the fool

Andy Emerson said...

With that kind of meal planning you are sure to succeed with your weight loss.

You are doing what I've seen so my tryathletes do and that is lose weight. You plan very well so I'm sure you'll keep succeeding.

KLN said...

Sounds like a plan, which is half the battle. I'm always up for sharing good, healthy, low fat meals, so buzz me if you want some ideas. I'm awash in Cooking Lights and WW Cookbooks :-)

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hope you had a good weekend. I did a lot of that "cook and freeze" thing back in University days. It sure helped me lose weight - primarily because I am a lousy cook. :)