Monday, October 09, 2006

Relaxing Weekend

And yet, it was all too short.

I worked Saturday - lab was kind, thank goodness. Rewarded myself with some shopping and dinner with a friend (yummy bento box at our favorite sushi haunt).

Sunday I woke up in the WORST mood. I knew I had a lot of plans (cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, sewing, running), and I really felt like I wouldn't have time to enjoy the day. I found myself disgruntled and impatient, dropping things, cursing. Finally, I took a deep breath (several, actually). Everytime I started to feel overwhelmed, I would slow down and take another deep breath (This might be the reason it took me so long to get through Walmart... I think I was moving in slow motion - TOO MANY PEOPLE!!!! TOO MANY SCREAMING BABIES!!!)

*sigh*

So, I made the soup, read my book, made the turkey casserole, read some more, did the groceries, set up my lunches (all those baggies take time during the week that I don't have anymore) for the week, sewed a bunch (!), talked to my mom (managing narrowly to not scream my head off), and talked with a good friend. It ended up being a beautiful day. I figured out that I don't have to push, push, push to get the work done all at once. I can feather it in throughout the day and still relax. I also figured out that it all didn't have to be done in one day. Slow and steady wins the race, you know?

Oh, I also watched Amazing Race (the only T.V. of the day).... Dude, Peter needs to GO! What a jerk! The picture of him sitting back, drinking on the boat while Sarah was struggling up that rock wall was too much. And now that the most respectful and healthy couple (imho) on there is gone... Oy, It's becoming too much of an effort to watch, you know? They need to have that sucker on in the middle of the day when I'm tempted to take a nap! :)

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Um, which ones on AR were "the most respectful and healthy couple"???

I'm cheering for the two asian brothers these days. They seem to have the most class and courtesy of everyone. I liked that they were the only ones who seemed to take a moment to take an actual look at John McCain's flight suit in the ex-Hanoi Hilton.

The rest can drown.

Habeela said...

I see I'm not the only one suffering from weeks-that-no-longer-exist. :) Sounds like you're hanging in there and handling it all perfectly! Keep it up!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I'm waiting for the day I go postal at Walmart. Going there takes more mental preparation than a long run. *Especially* on a weekend... I agree - TOO MANY PEOPLE!!!