Thursday, November 02, 2006

How does this thing work again?

Oy, this poor blog. I need a leaf blower to dust the sucker off.

Many changes happening.

I am leaving grad school.
I am packing my office, my lab, my apartment.
I am throwing out, reorganizing, re-evaluating.
I am moving back home to PA, closer to family and friends.
I am also temporarily leaving some very dear friends, trusting that we will continue on, as I know we can.
I have a new job.
I have a new apartment.

I have cried.
I have rediscovered my laugh.
I have breathed deeply once more.
I have seen the human spirit work just like it's supposed to.
I have endured the negatives.
I have survived the stress and strain.

And, I have learned that life is not about destinations. I can bear this. It is not greater than me.

Life is a challenge. We simply owe it to ourselves and our loved ones to bear these challenges with as much courage and strength that we can muster. And, if we can't do it, we need to lean on our friends and our family. And we need to trust in whatever higher power or being that you ascribe to that we will be cared for in ways beyond our wildest imaginations.

It's happening now to me. And, I am going to try my level best to see it for what it is, to experience it and be in the moment. I'm smiling more, taking my time more, reposessing my patience.

I challenge you all to try it. One day, even one hour when you are most stressed, consciously slooooooow down. Take that deep breath. Have a cup of tea. Treat yourself to a healthy snack. Put your feet up. Enjoy a book for 10 minutes over lunch. Live.

10 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

:) You sound happy and relaxed. Keep it up. The changes are good. :)

Jenö said...

Live indeed. All the best.

rocketpants said...

Hang in there!But know you will be missed dearly and know it's the right decision for you.

JC said...

As Buddha said, "Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without."

Congratulations on finding some peace. Now just take some time to enjoy it.

Sending you good thoughts and warm wishes. And hey... PA isn't far from me!

Cliff said...

Trizilla,

so much wisdom from this post.

Me too..the more i stress up..the more i need to slow down. This has help me tremendously in dealing with life's up and downs.

Andy Emerson said...

You leave us all something to think about. I wish you the best and am looking forward to reading more about all these changes as they happen.

Habeela said...

I LOVE this! I recognized the necessity of sitting down and letting the world just slow down. Congratulations on making such a bold move - you're right, it's hard but in the end you'll be so much happier.

Spokane Al said...

Wow, what a great perspective and post. You truly wrote some great words to remember and implement.

The Fool said...

As Gandhi said: There is more to life than increasing its speed.........

Take care little sister...

Danielle said...

Sounds like you have made the right decision. I haven't been keeping up as closly with your blog as I would like to, but just read this one and have to say, being close to your family and rebuilding your spirit sounds like the right choice. Life is about finding your way by finding what doesn't work as well as what does work, along the way.