Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Since Christmas...

Ok, ok, get over the shock. I'm back. For today. I've found that that's all I can promise for now. Some things have been hard lately, but unfortunately there is no rest for the wicked. I said I had to figure my life out, and that is what I've been trying to do. So, bear with me... :)

Some good news, though...

-The drastic weight loss has slowed (never thought I'd say that was a good thing, but nearly 20 pounds later...). I'm still losing, but I'd like to think that I'm eating better (i.e. eating at all) and replacing a bit of the muscle I'm sure I lost.

-I'm in a great routine of getting to the gym. I love it there. There are sometimes 3 or 4 spin classes A DAY. And a tri club. And a masters team. And, and, and...

-I'm thinking again about the job search (since I actually have the time to do it).

-But first I'm reading a great book: Now discover your strengths by Marcus Buckingham. I don't have time to do the tag (sorry Rocketpants), but if you have a chance to read this book, DO IT. We, in our society, find so much more time to focus on strengthening our weaknesses... Why not focus on making our strengths STRONGER? Loving it so far.

-I'm ALL ABOARD for Timberman. Eating (better). Working out (loving it). It feels good to be back, ya'll.

7 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Thanks for sharing your good news.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Yeah, you're over the holiday hump. Good luck on the job quest.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Now Discover Your Strengths is a must read. I bought it for my college aged daughter last year.

Stay tuned...

Habeela said...

Good to have you back!

The Fool said...

Hey Monster!

Thanks for checkin on with me....

20 Lbs Weight loss: not a bad thing. Lose all the bad and pack on the good. I hope you attack it with vigor. I've been hittin the gym more than anything else... I put ON 10 lbs!

Thanks for the tip on the book, I think I could use it right now.......

Take care and see you soon (hopefully!)........ I'll be checking in on you.

Danielle said...

We had to read it for work actually...I don't know that I bought into what it came up with me for my strengths though. I'd like to take the test again to really see.

Robin said...

Congratulations! I read another book about this same thing -- very interesting. I think we need to work on making our weaknesses AND our strengthes stronger. And, you are right, I agree that we all too much concentrate on our weaknesses and neglect our strengths.