Friday, July 14, 2006

Racing with the Kids

I decided to run my long(er) run yesterday so that this weekend wasn't too heinous. (It's going to be mid nineties here!) It was still wicked humid though! My HR was still pretty high, but I can only imagine it will be worse this weekend.

Anyway, I was just about to turn around, and for some reason instead of going to the other side of the street, I decided to stay on the same side for a minute (there are crazy bends in the road, and drivers were going very fast, for some reason). It's a good thing I didn't, since I almost got run over by a pint-sized peleton! I turn around and see the coolest thing. I see 3 bikers. Two little kids and a "bigger" kid in full out bike gear on on a suweet Giant bike. It was too cute, they were all racing!! I laughed out loud, caught the bigger kid's eye... boy, those kids were giving him a run for his money (but I think he was letting them). Too cute! Reminded me of the time a few weeks ago when a little guy decided to race me at the end of my ride... I let 'im win, of course (dude, I was tired anyway!).

THAT's what it's all about.

Happy (cool) weekends to you all!

4 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

No, the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about.

FUN!

Unknown said...

that's awesome, 'zilla.

i have this one little girl that lives on my street. every time i run at home and she sees me coming up the street, she comes out and asks if she can race me up and down the street. she's like 5 or 6 years old and just wants to run fast. it's awesome. sometimes she wins, sometimes i win...yes, that's what it's all about. =)

Cliff said...

Racing with kids..hmm...i think i can do that...then i can get on the podium :)..

Do u push them down since u are bigger than them before they reach the finish line? :)..j/k

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

If you ever get a chance to attend/volunteer at a kid's triathlon don't miss it. Those little ones have so much fun it's hard not to get geeked up about triathlon.

Stay tuned...