Friday, July 07, 2006

This weekend

Focusing now...

This weekend was supposed to be my first oly. Well, the bike course most likely will be shortened, which will probably be a good thing (it's going to be H-O-T). And, as Sheila pointed out, now I can go FASTER on the bike.

So, Spence laid out her plan, I guess I should get my head in the game and do the same.

Swim: Once again - I am a calm swimmer. Especially through that nasty (milfoil) shit. Strong and slow and smooth. It will be my first .75 mi swim (in a race), so I'll just stay focused and calm.

T1: It would be super nice if my transition time didn't appear as though I stopped for a makeover. The wetsuit is still giving me issues, but I'm hoping that I'll have more of a system down, due to lots of practice.

Bike: Well, now I don't really know what the bike is like anymore, but it's less steep now, so I can probably put the hammer down on most parts. Nutrition will consist of a bottle of Power Bar Endurance formula and a gel or two. High cadence, like Spence said, and focus on going 2 notches less then all out.

T2: Easy. Don't step on sunglasses. Small steps. Take a gel for the run, just in case.

Run: Relax for first mile. Just get in the groove. Don't worry about the split. Miles 2-3 ramp up. Miles 4-5 - Let it all hang out. Pedal to the Metal.

Phew, that's better!

Above all, I'm going to have FUN!

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Sounds like a good plan....

Have a great weekend..

Kewl Nitrox said...

go go go!

Can't wait to read your race report so hurry back!

Robin said...

Good plan, esp your run plan! Have a blast. This WAS on my schedule...now, instead I'm headed to Vegas, LA & San Fran for 10 days! Will find a fitness center and hopefully a swimming (vs lounging) pool while I'm there! Can't wait to read youor race report! Have fun in one of my favorite states!!!!