Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I've had it!

Okay, before you all yell at me...

I couldn't take it anymore. I was turning into that bearded-goat-woman-from-hell. I needed to run.

AND, I actually LOOKED at my shin the other night... Turns out the sucker was bruised, probably from me slamming around at work. Bruised right on the bone.

You can see from my workout log, that I was a good patient. I haven't really run for over a week. I've been resting, and icing, and praying. I think I'm good

So, I did it! And it felt great!!! Now I'm stretching my butt off, and hoping that I have dodged a bullet. :)

Also, Rocket Pants and Random Moments... I'm giving serious thought to doing Ashland on 6/17... Whaddya say?

6 comments:

JC said...

having recently been humbled by running through an injury in september that put me into 2x weekly physical therapy and still plagues me now, i would really caution you to be careful. stretch alot. and when you feel like you have stretched alot, stretch more. stretch before and after. and most of all, if it feels like a shin-splint, keep the runs short, if at all. i am more than 5 mths out from my injury and it is still a problem. wish i hadn't run through it afterall. don't make the same mistake.

but if it was just banging it on something... ok.

just be careful. i need someone to race against in august....

rocketpants said...

i'm contemplating Ashland...tempting...and I think i'm actually in town hmmm...thinking...thinking...thinking...

Joe B said...

JUST DO IT!!!

The bike course is on the marathon course.

The swim to bike transition is really long and rough and it can be hot but it is a great event.

Robin said...

scrap ashland. be stupid like me sign up for the Patriot Half! 1st half in Mass and FLAT course. :-)

You'll be in condition for Timberman....

The Fool said...

Whew! Really great news girl. Don't forget the ice!

I actually got back on the horse myself.... Put 4 races (3 half marathons and a paddle race) on my schedule in April/May.

Hard to believe it's been a almost a year since Nashville.

Keep movin.......

Kewl Nitrox said...

Good on ya to take that rest period seriously. It can only get better from here!