Friday, February 16, 2007

Life is going well, I suppose. It's busy though, and this current job does not give me a whole lot of free time to get stuff done.

PA got slammed with a nasty storm this week. As I was "shoveling" through 3" of sleet and freezing rain (while it was snowing), I was cursing that darn pink line that PA always seems to get stuck in. It *was* a super workout for my back though...

In other news, I have a very slight shin splint. I've had them before, but never had any sensation so close to the bone. So I'm resting it as much as possible (when I'm not shoveling). The last thing I need now is a stress fracture.

Has anyone ever had these? How much pain is it really? I honestly am not sure if I'm being a baby or not.

4 comments:

Benson said...

I'm very jelouse you have snow. I'm suffering in central MN right now with barely 6 inches to ski on and I'm training for a 50K race next week. I'm a great shoveler and would lend you hand in exchange for 12 inches of the fluffy stuff sent to MN.

Robin said...

JEN! REST REST REST! As you know, I had a stress fx after Boston last April. I am just running regularly again. YOU DON'T WANT TO BE OUT THIS LONG!

Also -- yikes. I sigend up for Mooseman Oly this week. Crap!

The Fool said...

Shin splints come in two varieties: Those you can train through, and those you can't that lead to stress fractures. Without a doc looking at it, it's hard to to tell which way to go.

Go here as a start:

http://tinyurl.com/2yfku

I hope it gets better sooooon!!

Occasional said...

Come up to Mooseman with me and the other JB!

And what about Webster Lake? How can you not swim in old Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg? Yeah, I looked it up.

Can I link to your blog from my blog?

John