Thursday, August 16, 2007

9:41

There comes a time when you really cannot deny anymore that you need help. Any help.

Even when it may come in the form of a crazy-fast dude tapering for his first ironman.

I haven't been running. For a while. It shows. I have a nice layer of fluff that I plan on evicting once I get back to school.

So when my buddy Joe asked me if I wanted to run with him, I thought (rightly) that it would probably be pretty ugly.

Heh.

You could call it a run if you wanted to, but honestly (and I told him this), I felt like a human being walked by a dog. He kindly gave me a beautiful tour of Brookline, and we passed by JFK's birthplace... I wondered how appropriate it would be for me to perish on the spot...

So, I saw him again tonight (somehow managed to drag my quads to a wonderful Korean Dinner). Turns out "we" ran 9:41 pace for 3.1 miles. Hah. *there were a couple of breaks, I do have to say....*

So, I'll quit my griping. It's within my power to change. I just needed his help.

Right now I'd just like to have a big ole country ham. :-)

5 comments:

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

He's tapering. 9:41s won't kill him. Glad to see you're back to running, though.

rocketpants said...

ohhhh you had fun running...even if it hurt later :-)

Good to see you! Enjoy the beginnings of a new adventure.

Joe B said...

Hey you did great. You could easily have kept going...

Andy Emerson said...

How's teaching going? I'm sure you'll get settled into a routine. One day at a time!

Robin said...

Yeah!!! I've been running 11's all summer but I ran my Reach the Beach legs in sub 10!!!! Coudln't believe it!

YEAH!!!!

YAY US!