Monday, June 19, 2006

Diet Revisited, Training Week, and Bike Name Revealed

Alrighty then... New diet. I kind of splurged a bit this weekend, mainly because I was so far behind and because it was a pretty big weekend (for me). So, I am feeling MUCH better now. In an effort to get back on the wagon, I have a new diet with much less emphasis on counting cals, and more on just eating healthily.

6:00: Oatmeal, brown sugar, milk (swim at 8-arms tired)
9:30: 12 oz chocolate milk (skim), then a little later: plum, granola bar
11:30: turkey and swiss on multigrain bread with tomato (whole sandwich); banana
2:00: apple, yogurt
5:00: 1/2 lb. haddock, 1/2 c brown rice, big salad, piece jalopeno blue cornbread
7:00 (planned): 1/2 c LF mint choc. chip icecream

Here's a pic of dinner... It just looks so good, doesn't it?


So, what do you think? Better???

I'll add another little meal on double workout days.

Anyhoo, even though I felt like such total crap last week, I managed to pull off one of my biggest training weeks yet. (As in EVER). Fun stuff!

Mon - s1500, r3

Tue - b15.2

Wed - s1500

Thur - b13.1, s300 (Puffers)

Fri - rest

Sat - b24.1, r1.3, s100

Sun - r8

Swim: 3400

Bike: 52.4

Run: 12.3

Time: 8:56:00

Woo hoo! Next race of the year is coming up this Sunday - Webster Sprint. It should be a good one, as it's the same course that Danskin was last year.... I have some hopes, but they all line up after: "finish the gd swim." Girl's gotta have priorities.

Oh yeah! How could I forget... The topic of my nameless bike came up in Fairlee this weekend. It was a struggle for me because of the girly color. So we decided that it had to either be a girl's name (which I wasn't cool with for some reason) or a gay man's name. Sooooo, I've had this major crush on Vin Diesel for YEARS, and it just FITS. Jo and I came up with it on the way home, and honestly I just knew it when I heard it! It'll be Diesel for short (and sits next to Tank), or if I'm in a really bad mood VD.... :) Or Vinny if I'm happy. What a versatile name! And, if rumors are true (well, that and the fact that he's a major celeb), it's the only way I'll ever be with him (*sob*).

4 comments:

The Fool said...

Trimonster, NO WAY. Vin? Can't be true. Gah! I like the name though. And whadda ya mean 'girl' bike? what is it pink or something? Good eats grrl! (Do I have to name my bike now? Oooo! I got one! 'Rocinante'. I like it.

Cliff said...

My bike is my bike..i ain't gonna name it :)...

That dinner looks really nice.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Way to hit your training PR!

I'm with Chris, da bike is just da bike. No names. That helps remind me that I am the only reason why it is so slow. :D

Jennifer P said...

If I named my bike Vinny I'd never get off it -- I'm in love with Vin Diesel. Sorry, pregnancy hormones. I can't control them.