Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Is something missing?


Thanks everyone for your great comments. :)

So, above is the t-shirt we were given. It was a great race, and support was excellent. I even like this t-shirt more than most. But something struck me as a little odd. Maybe it's me. Maybe I need to get over it. It's just.... well, see if you see what I mean.

Unfortunately, it looks like I bruised my left heel during the triathlon at some point. I'm guessing on the run from the beach to the transition area. I really don't think it's PF, as it's on the outside of my heel, and the pain hasn't migrated like it usually does (up and down the fascia). So, that's good. In the mean time I'm icing and resting it. I'm thinking I should be good to bike though, as it only hurt during the run (and it hurts to walk, albeit less today than yesterday). I'll give the bike a go tomorrow.

One thing I'm lacking right now is training rhythm. I mean, I'm getting some good workouts in (usually 6-8 a week), so I'm happy with that, but since the marathon (recovery) it hasn't yet fallen into a predictable nature yet. This foot complication isn't helping matters, but I guess this is just a great time to practice patience.

7 comments:

Cliff said...

See how your heel feels. If it still hurts, u might want to bail out on the bike as well.

Training rhythm is hard to attain. During the winter/spring, i had it pretty well. Now with summer out, it becomes more heretic.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Third time is a charm.

It might be nice if they added a girl to the logo for the Boys & GIRLS club triathlon. Just a thought.

Hope your heel heals soon. :)

Danielle said...

I find it interesting that Dunkin' Donuts is a sponser and right in the center of it!! But also seems to be missing the day and month...

Nancy Toby said...

You mean ... the GIRLS??? They're over at Dunkin Donuts. Or Krispy Kreme, which should have been another sponsor. :-)

Carrie said...

No doubt about it- dunkin' donuts got prime advertising space on the t. Atta way to include the "girls".

Joe Hess said...

You could always chop off your foot....whats missing...nothing, absolutely nothing, it looks good, as is, unless you want to put a hot girl on there with a bikini. Now that would be a shirt!!!!