Friday, June 09, 2006

Knick Knack Paddy Wack

Whew, nice that blogger is finally among the land of the living.

The rain has totally sucked, but I FINALLY got in a GREAT ride last night. I decided to head down to "Gate 43"... past the winery, past the beautiful big foot (pic to come), past the beautiful views... and down the rabbit hole. Down, down, down I went. And down some more. 1 plus mile of down. Which meant 1 plus mile of UP. I stuck 'er in the granniest of all gears and got it done pretty easily - And felt GREAT. There's nothing like that "cleaned-out" feeling after a hilly ride.

So, today it's raining again (surprise surprise). So, I got to work at 6am and finished two NMR experiments... analyzed one and got ready for my meeting at 10. But not so fast! At 8, I went to the pool, swam 1200 yds (one nice long set - using the song Knick Knack Paddy Wack to count laps - what fun!), showered, and came back with time to spare for a well-earned breakfast! I'm going to have to do that again! :)

Not much else planned except for work tomorrow (groan), a long run (the foot has healed now I think), giving blood (today), hanging out with a friend, and then getting my front derailleur switched out (to 105...) and riding with another friend. Should be fun! Oh yeah, tonight, I'm going to cuddle up on the couch and watch "So you think you can dance" with the kitties. That swing dance guy is amazing! Hey, I have to have *some* vice.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

(give a dog a bone... this old man came rolling home!)

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Just reading this blog, i feel busy already.

I start to love to grind my way up now. Grinding is good. Build force, makes riding up hill fun :)

Jenö said...

Great workouts! Given my propensity for losing count in the pool, on the track, and in the weight room, your system for counting sounds like it might be useful... how does it work?!