Friday, May 19, 2006

1st Run!

Since April 29th, that is....

I came home from work around 4, and ohmygosh was I tired. For some reason the afternoons are always the worst. But, I got dressed and headed out to my favorite Quabbin Reservoir. I guess part of me has a hard time driving to the place I'm running at, but considering Quabbin has some of the most beautiful views and TRAILS, I guess it's worth the 7 minute drive.

I got to do a little exploring around this pond (which I found out later has a trail all the way around it!), and then headed up the road to the dam. It was a bit of a climb, but the legs felt pretty good. There were a couple of little aches and pains, but all things I had experienced before the marathon as well. I got to the dam (was going to run across it) and realized I'd been running for over 20 minutes already (oops!). I headed back down the road and saw this trail head that I have been eyeing for some time...

Yeah, I had been running for 45 minutes (and this was my 1st run post marathon), but it was just calling. I went down the path. Aches and pains disappeared immediately. I was flying! I saw a deer go off in front of me, white tail straight up. Wow, can they run! I ran and ran and ran... and then realized I'd better find my way back to the car. :)

Also, a belated but very happy birthday to my friend, Danielle! I hope you have a great weekend, hon!

6 comments:

SRR said...

Didn't it feel great? Good for you!

Born To Endure said...

You'll have to post some nice pics of this place sometime!!

Jenö said...

I love it when it all comes together. There's a scene in "St.Ralph" when he starts flying while running intervals. That's a feeling that would make you millions if you could bottle it. Well done!

Danielle said...

Thanks...I try to keep that thing a secret, but I guess my blog wasn't so secret huh...:) Ah well, should be a nice weekend, I'm going to see my favorite local band play tomorrow night.

Nice run for your first back. And hey, don't worry about how far you were running, go with what feels good!!

Cliff said...

You definintely need to bring a cam wtih you so we can enjoy the secnery as well.

It feels good to be running again huh?

Joe B said...

There is nothing better than the first post marathon run.