Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Timberman is Final!!!

Well, this is just how I am. I get thinking about something. I try to put it off, and it ends up consuming my every waking moment. Then, when I just can't stand it anymore (usually a day later), I just commit.

And, commit is what I did. Yesterday after talking to my cousin, I realized that the Timberman Sprint was closing soon (they have 800 registered already.... 1000 is the cap). So, I registered. AND, I just got my campsite for Friday and Saturday nights! AND, they are super cool, might let me check out late on Sunday (since it will be hard to check out at 6am before the 1/2 IM start). *With no extra fee.*

I can't tell you how excited I am about this. It's not the race really (although it sounds like a blast). It's the fact that I get to mix about a gazillion things I love:
  • Seeing my family (since I can't afford to go to the big reunion)
  • Driving
  • Escaping from civilization for a weekend
  • Camping
  • New Hampshire
  • Saving money
  • Getting to support my cousin (who I realized last year was into triathlon!)
  • Witnessing my first 1/2 IM (on the docket for next year)

Okay, I'm done gushing. For now. ;-)

Rode the bike last night. I think I might be a little tuckered still from Sunday's ride (and Monday's sweat fest of a run). In a rare move, I decided to cut it a little short. Probably smart as I'm a little sore today (back mostly, haven't noticed that before) and my legs just didn't have it yesterday. Must have been the extra climbing, huh? This is also week 4 in a build stage (and since the marathon, hardy har), so it's good that this is a recovery/taper for the upcoming race. I'm thinking this might be a less is more kind of week.

Question for you bikers.... Yesterday, I noticed that my elbows were incredibly sore (like tendonitis sore). Is it my form? Is there something I can do to adjust my position?

Take Care Everyone!

6 comments:

Cliff said...

Not sure about the elbow sore. Is it possible that u might be gripping the handlebar too hard?

I tried to keep my upper body as relax as possible. This helps in breathing and use less energy. One of the pro cyclist say that even in climbs his hands are so relax he can play piano with them.

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Dr. Iron TriFeist :) said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

a.maria said...

hey good luck this weekend! sunday will be a GREAT day for athletes!! ;)

Jennifer P said...

A half IM! You're awesome! Sore elbows or is it your forearms? Take your bike in to the shop to get your position looked at again. Remember to stop and stretch or look up some stretching while riding tips on line.

Unknown said...

so, are you doing the sprint or the 1/2? either way, that's exciting!