Friday, May 26, 2006

Around the bend

Things are looking up!
  • My bike and I are bonding nicely. I even FIXED the front shifter cable myself, thankyouverymuch! Thanks so much for all of the great tips.
  • My new derailleur is on the way.
  • As is my new wetsuit.
  • Cloud 9 and I are officially over. Noo, it's okay, I promise. As great as it was in the beginning, it all unravelled very quickly. I'm actually feeling somewhat relieved to have this resolved.
  • Now I have more time to train.
  • And to finish my Ph.D.

  • Work is going interestingly... Some weird thing (that has nothing to do with my project, by the way) is happening. My advisor is excited, and we're meeting in the hallway now to talk about my stuff... He even wrote it up on the floor hallway chalkboard (usually a sign of success around here... everyone gets to mull it over... pretty neat). That was a first.
  • I'm sleeping! Two nights in a row now, with absolutely no help whatsoever. A week ago, I flushed those nasty pills that paralyzed me and went to Sleepytime Extra Tea. It worked!

  • Diet is pretty much okay. I'm kind of avoiding the scale though. I'm pretty sure that I will not see the decrease I want... yet. I bet that after a few more weeks of high intensity training will help though!
  • I'm starting to get excited for my first tri of the year. I'm going down this weekend to drive the course and stick my feet in the pond (and see how murky it is). The bike course is very hilly, and that's something that I haven't done a lot of lately. I figure that worst case scenario would be for me to walk. Eh, oh well. At that point, at least I'll know that I had finished the swim, right? There will be plenty of time later to work on climbing skills and power.

That's about it for now! I'm looking forward to a "long" bike tomorrow, as well as a day out with one of my best friends... We're going to the mall (haven't been there in ages!), then to Olive Garden for dinner and then to see the DaVinci Code. I can't wait! Sunday will be a long run (yeah right!), and cooking. Some cleaning. Unfortunately I'll probably have to work Monday, but I'll try to keep it short. It *is* Memorial Day after all!

Take Care everyone! Travel Safely!

4 comments:

kay_elle said...

I'm glad things are looking up for you Jen! Remember, you are a goddess!! Eat a breadstick for me at Olive Garden. ;)

Cliff said...

Jen,

Just a thought, if you are driving over the course, u might as well bring your bike and cruise around?? Maybe not the whole thing. Just an idea.

i am with you on the swim. I have to swim 2 km in 4 weeks. I am swimming about 1 km in my long swim...err :)...

Danielle said...

Enjoy the weekend I have plans to have a fun one too...too bad about you and Cloud 9, but glad it was resolved in a way you are happy with...man, now I can't think of you driving home!!

Andy Emerson said...

I happy to hear everything is going so well. We went to see the DaVinci Code this weekend. I thought it was pretty good in spite of what the reviewers are saying.

If all else fails, throw out the scale. Don't let it rule your life!