Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bike, Quabbin!

What a beautiful weekend!

Friday dawned a beautiful day, so I went to school early and left early... I had decided to swim at lunch, and then maybe go for a hike... I got home and promptly fell asleep on my living room floor. Thankfully, the phone rang soon after, and Cloud 9 asked me if I wanted to go hiking around Quabbin... Sure! I figured I'd get my second wind soon... We got to enjoy a beautiful sunset.

Saturday was great... I slept 11 (ELEVEN) hours, and finally woke up feeling almost like myself again. I had decided that Saturday was a rest day, since I had done something almost every other day of the week. I did my laundry, watched Tristan and Isolde while I folded it, and then headed out on a Quilt shop excursion. I was trying to look for some neat Batiks or flannels for my mom (hint, hint: Mother's Day), but inspiration wasn't hitting. And then, I realized what the best gift would be. Nuh uh, I'm not sayin' a word! I got back from shopping, and was tttiiiirrreeeedddd. It always seems to hit in the afternoon. I think I took a nap and then watched Saint Ralph - GREAT MOVIE about a kid that decides to win the Boston Marathon to save his mom. A must see, and a tear jerker. I finished out the night by making my Aunt's award winning strawberry pie and sewing.

Then comes today: I skipped church. Yah, I know I'm going to hell for that one, but it was 1st communion and well... Gah. It was just too beautiful, so I chose to spend my time with God in HIS church. Outside. I loaded up the bike and took him/her to a FLAT area (truth be told there are still some gentle rollers, but nothing compared to Thursday's ride, which I checked out on my hike with Cloud 9 - Not so small!). We had a GREAT ride. Shifting like a dream, braking fine, much better speed (12.8 - Um, that was my average from LAST YEAR - getting that at the beginning of the season, after not riding a bike for 6 months ON TRASHED LEGS - I"ll take it!) Clipping in and out was fantastic. I got it! Just like that. No fuss, no muss. I actually cannot wait to ride again. That's the feeling I was looking for. I feel like I rediscovered love (cue cheesy easy listening love song)...

I came home and showered and then packed for my hiking trip with Jen. We went back to the Quabbin, and I FINALLY remembered my camera. It's one of my favorite places on earth, but every time I forget to take pictures. We hiked about 5-6 miles and had a great time. Of course, I came home and napped again for 2 solid hours...

Here are some pics! Well blogger is sucking donkey butt again, so I'll try later! I hope you all had beautiful weekends!

3 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Great riding outside eh? Good for you..and I can't wait to see your pics!

Danielle said...

I agree with you on the nice weather and spending time with God in His church. I headed to church one day only to go a different route on rollerblades because it was so nice...stopped and had a nice prayer on a bridge over the Mississippi river...:)

Unknown said...

yay for st. ralph! my favorite line in the movie, "when it comes to anarchists, nietsche has NOTHING on Christ". awesome. and you played that out well by spending sunday in HIS church. sweet. glad you had such a great weekend!