Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The one suggestion....

Thank you all so much for your caring and suggestions.... I tried many of them...

It's funny that the one thing no one suggested worked!

Sleeping over at a friend's house. (More than likely it was the very long conversations we had about my stressors, but hey... this might work for you too!)

It works. And, it makes sense. Lately my bed has been the axis of evil. Changing the scenery was a good thing (in a few ways, snicker).

Last night I went over to Cloud 9's house. He made a great dinner (grilled porkchops... much better than mine were!), and we talked.... and talked.... and talked. Things are better now :) A little communication goes a long way, you know?

We also talked about school. I've had this made-up deadline hanging over my head. He helped me realize that the world won't end if I don't meet it. Just working as hard as I can will get my goal accomplished. Thinking about a terrifying (and perhaps unfair) goal is probably going to cause more stress than productivity.

When I woke up this morning, I was surprised to feel happy and refreshed! Almost like my old self! I still have a lot of sleep to catch up on, but this is a start.

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Must be Cloud 9's dinner.... :)

KLN said...

Oh yeah, *that* always does it :-)

kay_elle said...

I'm glad to hear you finally got some sleep!!!