Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Getting Stoked!

Lots of fun stuff going on around here this week!

I'm getting ready for my first tri of the season. This past weekend, I went to Ludlow and drove and rode (Thanks for the tip, Clif!) the course. Very doable, with only one monster-esque hill (but I did it with flying colors... I might have been in the granniest of all gears, Shadow, but I got 'er done!). I left that ride (adding 3 more miles to get my workout in) with a great feeling. Then, I stuck my feet in the swim site (nice pond!). It's clear, warm, and has a nice bottom. I'm feeling very good about this.

And, I'm thinking about adding a triathlon to the schedule (gasp!). My cousin is doing his first 1/2 IM at Timberman this August, and lucky me, there is a sprint the day before... Soooooo, I'm *thinking* about getting a campsite at Gunstock, and just getting away from it all. A race, camping, and supporting my (really cool) cousin at his first attempt at the distance - Priceless! (And cheap!)

AND, I realized I forgot to tell ya'll that I'm signed up to do the Chicago Marathon this October. Not sure how that slipped my mind, lol! It's going to be a great season!

4 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Chicago marathon is a great race - you're going to have FUN!!!

Cliff said...

another marathon? Are you nuts. I ain't touching marathon unless I ride 112 miles before :)

Holly said...

Oh! Timberman is a great race weekend! I did that race as my first (and so far only) 1/2 IronMan Distance race...I bet the SPRINT race will be a blast!

CHICAGO!!! Go Zilla Go!

Joe Hess said...

What would Mrs. Fairtanks say now if she could see you???????