Thursday, May 18, 2006

Sticking to the Schedule

The quest for sleep continues....

I went to the doc yesterday. She seemed pretty concerned about the sleep debt I was in, and prescribed a pretty heavy duty tranq. Guh. It worked. And, VERY quickly. I felt like I had been paralyzed just a few minutes after taking it. I'm supposed to take it for the next week, but I think I'll see where I'm at in a few days or so (It's habit forming and gives me a hangover.). In any case, I'm feeling more normal (talking and focus is a little better) even WITH the hangover.

I've also managed to get back on that schedule I was talking about. It's requiring some sacrifice and discipline, but that's okay. My goal is to get to work early so I can get home in the afternoon and workout.

Speaking of workouts! I got on my bike again finally. We had a pretty good time (went a little farther this time, and the speed was much better!), except for the dropped chain. I impressed myself though, as I was able to get it back on in a few seconds. For some reason it really does NOT like going from the first chain ring to the second. I'm thinking it's my fault (and that it has to do with my "release" of the shifter.... I'm wondering if I'm going too fast - anyone have a thought about this? Jenn P - I know you have the same bike... any advice?)

No comments: